Have you ever been in the presence of an angel of the Lord? Have you ever wondered what angels were like and how they work in the Spiritual realm? Join me as I talk about the top 15 amazing things that I find fascinating about being in the presence of angels.
Throughout my life, I have had encounters as some would call it, from angels at a young age and this grew to be more frequent as I matured in my relationship with the Lord and the more I was confronted with Spiritual Warfare. These 15 things about angels I am writing are not from some guess or someone else’s point of view, but these are based on my own personal experiences. Angels are very real and do often encounter themselves with God’s children, they are sent to us to assist us in many different things we encounter in this world and one of those things being spiritual warfare which I don’t need to mention they are fabulous at!
(Before reading this as I mentioned below, you should always test the Spiritual encounters you are having or will have in your life because Satan comes as an angel of light to deceive you. So always test the spiritual experiences you are having and the angels who may come to you.)
With all that being said, I do hope that you enjoy this list of things, and again these are my own personal experiences of being in the presence of angels. Stay tuned for more as I will be writing a book on Angels soon with way more detail to each thing mentioned below, as each thing mentioned below is from its own individual encounter with angels. Enjoy!
- They carry the presence of the Lord with them and upon this presence is an understanding that surpasses the understanding of human intellect. But you can communicate with them on the same level even though our intellect is nothing compared to theirs.
- They are MASSIVE- there is something about an angel that is massive and not just in size but in their mannerisms that you just know that these are heavenly creatures of the Lord in heaven. Even if your eyes were closed and you did not see them but you felt them you would be able to sense their size because it is not so much the actual measurement of the angel that is massive, it is just who they are that portrays a massive type of being standing before you. Although in size they are VERY large as well!
- There are many different kinds of angels and by this, I do not mean that they are different in the form of who they are as much as I mean they are different in what they were created for in the kingdom of God. Basically, they are created in the likeness of what it is that God has called them to do in the Spirit realm. For some are warriors, messengers, ministering, and even worshiping angels and the list goes on but these are just a few that you may be familiar with. And with each kind, they carry that significant duty or characteristic upon their presence to the point you just know what they are here for when you see them (referring back to #1 with the understanding of how this can be)
- Each angels clothing or apparel is based upon what their duties are that are given to them from God. For instance, out of all the angels I have seen my entire life, I have noticed that not all dress lavishly with Gold as some might portray them to “all” be but there are some that do. I have seen some that are in brown cloaks and carry bowls of smoke (prayers of the saints) and others that are arrayed in such massive artillery outfits that even the outfits are intimidating, and then there are others who are dressed as kings, and yes I mean an actual king. But in heaven, being dressed like this means nothing compared to the King of Kings, whereas here on earth when we think of Kings we think of them as the top of the notch clothing, but that is not so in heaven when it comes to the wardrobe.
- Angels do not speak with their mouths, but with an understanding that is beyond spoken words and this is how we communicate with them. Now there are some that will show up in human form and you do not know you even spoke to an angel and just thought it was a person. That is not the kind I am talking about here, I am talking about the ones that show up in the spiritual realm.
- Their weapons are EXTREMELY HUGE (those that go to war) and there is something about their weapons that is not like ours on earth, their weapons have actual LIFE in them and when it pierces the enemy it is the life of Jesus Christ that the sword or weapon is made of. (I know that is hard to understand I am sorry)
- Michael the archangel as some call him is the largest and boldest angel I have ever encountered, and I have encountered some angels that were so arrayed in the presence of warfare and so strong that I can not imagine any demon even trying to come against them… But that is nothing compared to Michael, he is so massive and yet so kind (to me, demons not so much!). His presence is of the kind that you would want to have him follow you around everywhere you go! Michael is very understanding, I say this because the presence of him was as if he could relate to us with such a compassion and care for us… I know this is not explaining it the best way I should and for that, I apologize. The other thing about Michael is that he has no fear within him, he does not hesitate to stand up to some pretty large demons, he stands up to them as though the demon knows the authority given to Michael before he addresses them. I cannot explain this but it is really neat to watch him in battle. He is also “highly” intelligent.
- When angels move, they do not walk, run, float, or disappear… they just “go” as though our realm we see every day is a mirage and the realm they move in is real, so us seeing it in our realm, is something we cannot explain because we have not lived in the spiritual realm to see how things move… that doesn’t make sense, does it? I am sorry… When they move, they just are, as if there is no effort to their moving, they just ARE and they just GO. This is the hardest for me to explain out of all of this. I would love to know if anyone else has seen what I am explaining and has a better word because I am not good with words here lol
- They can have a sense of smell to them, not all but some do. And the ones I have found that have a smell to them are generally the ones that have just come from the presence of the Lord and are worshipping angels at the Lord’s throne. They are soaked in Gods presence as they worship him (these are worshipping angels) and they actually tend to have God’s presence on them that is a very distinctive smell when they are here to worship with us. (have you ever been worshiping God and you have a sweet aroma all of a sudden and know it is God- it is probably because a worshipping angel from God’s throne room just entered the room to worship with you- more on this topic in the book to come!)
- Angels do worship WITH US and they LOVE IT! And every time they hear the word Hallelujah they fall down to the ground and worship God. All at once, at the same time… It actually startled me for the first time I saw this because I didn’t realize why they standing all dropped, but then I cried because it was so beautiful to witness it in my living room!
- They have a sense of humor and personalities- very much so just as God has a sense of humor, so do the angels of the Lord! And this is not to say that you should run out and get all consumed with angels and try to befriend them… please don’t put angels above God as too many people do this and get so excited about angels over the presence of God. Remember they are servants, they are not God! But they do get excited about things and have immense joy about them when they know something great is about to happen from God. When they know God is moving in our lives and they have worked hard to help they do get excited about this. And each angel has his own personality that is not portrayed by what they say or how they do things, it is rather known by their presence and each one is so different (like I mentioned above in #3)
- They stick around to see you receive the blessing you have prayed and faithfully declared into existence. They stay by and actually WATCH you receive this blessing or answered prayer. I will be explaining more of this in my book, but I want you to know that the angels that go to warfare for you to help you receive what it is that God is giving you, that you asked Him for. These angels enjoy seeing you receive what God is giving you and get excited to watch you get excited over it and praise God for it. It is a joy for them to see what they have been assigned too, come to pass if that makes sense!
- When there is a public prayer that is a warfare type prayer angels do stand guard around you as you pray into the heavens. (I say warfare because it has always been warfare type prayers that I have noticed this happening in with me and again I am only talking from my personal experiences) The angels will stand around you and the person you are praying with to protect what you are speaking into their lives to ensure they reach the throne room of God. (again more on this topic in the book as there is a lot on the topic)
- I have yet to see an angel who had wings, is female, a childlike form, or small in size. – does that mean angels don’t exist who are like this? Honestly, I have no clue and would never doubt the creations of God, but as for me right now I have not witnessed any angels as such. But that does not mean that other’s have not witnessed this, I am only sharing my personal experience!
- You can ask God what the angel’s names all of God’s angels have a name and some are very beautiful. But more importantly, you should always test the spirit (angel) and ask if they are of God and test the Spirits. Asking the angel before you if they believe that God sent his only Son to die on the cross and was rose from the dead and is sitting at the right hand of the Father. I assure you if you are in the presence of a demon portraying to be an angel of light (read your word!) they will NOT answer yes to this, and generally, they will in my experience leave instantly. Always test what you are encountering in the Spiritual realm, be wise, know your word and always allow the Spirit of God to usher into such encounters for they are His angels after all!
These are all based on my own personal experiences in my time spent in the presence of God and his angels, especially in warfare. You will notice I talk a lot about Spiritual Warfare and that is because this is where God has placed me in my prayer life and where I have encountered many of my experiences with angels. My other encounters were in worship before the Lord as I was being prepared to be taken to heaven by 3 angels who came to get me and take me there. I will share more about many of my experiences as the Lord has recently told me that it is time to start talking to others about all of my experiences, for it is a testimony unto the Lord!
I do hope that this has brought a blessing into your life and if you are interested in reading more detailed stories about Angels and the encounters that God has allowed me to have in my life “please SUBSCRIBE” to my blog at http://www.kingdomhabitation.wordpress.com and the moment the book is out you will be the first to know and get a sneak peak a week before it hits Amazon! The best part, as a subscriber to my blog I will share more detailed encounters and what it really means to dance with Jesus Christ!
You can also follow me on Pinterest, just look for Kingdom Habitation!
Also, if you have a story of your own that you would like to share about your own experiences with being in the presence of God or his angles please comment below! It is the testimonies of our walk with God that share His goodness and just who He really is as our Father in heaven!